Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Singapore by Day

With Singapore only 45 minutes away by flight, I started off this weekend with a work day-trip to Singapore on Friday. My colleagues and I flew out of KL in the morning and took the latest flight home. Our meeting was scheduled to be at the Marina Bay Sands hotel in the late afternoon so we had plenty of time to kill before we headed there.

As soon as we touched down, we hailed a cab to Mandarin Gallery at Orchard Road where we had the best ramen at this Japanese place called Ippudo Singapore. We waited about 40 minutes for a table! With the long wait and the price of about SGD20 per bowl, I assumed it had to be good, and it really was super delicious.
Interior of Ippudo Sg. Notice the bowls on the wall and the chandelier

Decor of red and white
My bowl of ramen with pork cubes. I polished off the soup. It was that good
It was then on to Marina Bay Sands for the meeting and thereafter to Harry Potter: The Exhibition at the ArtScience Museum. I'm not a fan but I must say it was pretty interesting to see real artifacts used in the Harry Potter movies. These things have been touched by Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson! There were wands, costumes, cloaks, a replica of The Great Hall and many other things that I don't understand, but fans will.
Low angle picture of the MBS lobby architecture
We then made a stop at TWG Tea Salon for a quick dinner before leaving for the airport. We all ordered different stuff - salmon, chicken and two types of lasagne. Almost everything was infused with the taste of tea.
TWG's vegetable lasagne was infused with the taste of peppermint - a nice touch!
Fresh ingredients in a very basic salmon recipe
The next time I visit Singapore, I must have a taste of McDonald's Cinnamon Melts, which my colleague swears is sooo good. We don't get enough of interesting desserts like that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment