Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pre-wedding Shoot Anniversary

Alwin and I woke up super early at 3.30am one year ago today to get ready for our pre-wedding photography session. We had to be at the studio at 5.00am to get ready and so we grabbed the easiest breakfast ever - McDonald's.

Our first outdoor location was at Pavilion KL, and it made sense to be there by 7.00am to beat the peak hour havoc (it was a weekday). We crossed Jalan Bukit Bintang in full-fledged bridal attire and it was a bit malu-fying! We both wanted our photos to reflect 3 things - 'modern', 'classy' and 'tasteful' - so there were no tacky costume jewellery, no bee-hive hairdo and definitely no blue/green eyeshadow for me. And I wore my own jewellery throughout.

I'm sharing here just some of the outcome of our shoot. I love the frills and layers of this dress I wore. It got me as close to Vera Wang as it possibly could. My hair was kept au naturel for that windswept look.
The background looks so 'international'
Ralph Lauren has a bridal line now?
Next location was Putrajaya, and here are two of our favourite shots. I was wearing a halter-neck ruffled tulle dress and a fascinator on my hair that I became fascinated with. Alwin had on his jeans and Raoul shirt.
It was then back to the studio for more photos and I had 2 more dress changes, both of which I loved to bits and didn't want to part with. The royal blue dress gave an aura of old Hollywood glamour with thick beaded straps and a sweetheart neckline. The red and gold dress was more dramatic with a sweeping train and could be worn strapless or with spaghetti straps. I chose the latter and was very pleased that I ended up with 4 different styles - strapless, halter-neck, thick straps and spaghetti straps.
Alwin was wearing his custom-made Lord's Tailor suit
And last but not least, I made sure I took photos with my custom tailored cheongsam from Emerald Brilliant, which I wore again at the tea ceremony at our wedding. It was hand embroidered at the waist and I love the colour combination of fuschia and black.
The weather was great, the photos turned out lovely and everything else were in our favour. Will there be another chance for us to take such photos? Probably not (anniversary?). I'm so glad we enjoyed every planning process that led up to our amazing wedding celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment